Interested in getting a desktop CNC, but worried that it’ll be too hard to learn? Or do you already have one, but need some help getting your head around the design process?
Vertigo Tech is now offering an affordable two-day training course that will teach you everything you need to know to go from an idea to a finished product using a desktop CNC. The classes are hands-on, and you’ll get to take away your finished work at the end.
Courses are currently available in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. To keep class sizes small, spaces are limited to 8 attendees per class - so get in quick!
The course will cover the following topics:
- Creating a concept design.
- Selecting and acquiring appropriate materials.
- Using CAD software (like Autodesk Fusion 360, Vectric VCarve, and Inventables Easel) to model your design.
- Selecting appropriate router tools, feed rates, and spindle speeds.
- Using the CAM features of your CAD software to create toolpaths.
- Setting up your desktop CNC machine to make your finished product.
You’ll learn useful tips and tricks, and you’ll get a full set of course notes to take away with you for future reference. You’ll get to use the Vertigo desktop CNC router at the course, but the skills you learn will be applicable to any CNC machine.
The course is run by Vertigo Technologies’ CEO Brett Cottle, who created the Vertigo CNC and also operates full-size CNC milling machines.